Whole Animal Butcher Team Member Wanted
Electric City Butcher is the only whole animal butcher shop in Orange County. We offer a high-quality, full-service experience that provides custom fresh meats, flawless charcuterie, sausages and prepared meats to our guests. Our 5-star Yelp rating reinforces out attention to detail and guest experience. Based in downtown Santa Ana, we are currently looking for hardworking, talented, energetic, and personable individuals to join our team.
A fast-paced, spotless, and guest-focused environment, our butcher shop is unique to the industry. Our team is made up of culinary professionals–some with years of restaurant experience–who take pride in their work and strive to expand their culinary skill-set.
We are currently looking for an entry-level butcher team member.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- All new employees start at ECB by learning expectations of the shop, mise en place, deliveries & loading, and opening & closing the shop
- Participate in sausage, charcuterie and prepared food production
- Organizing and managing meat inventory
- Cleaning and maintaining shop workspace
- Experienced individuals will assist/lead meat cutting, trussing, and preparing of fresh cuts, including beef, lamb, pork, and poultry
- 2 years experience total in food/culinary trade (e.g. some combination of culinary school, line cooking, catering, butchery, etc.)
- Passionate and inquisitive about healthy, sustainable food
- Commitment to the principles of sustainable whole animal meat production
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Knowledge of food safety & handling requirements
- Ability to lift 50+ lbs. and spend 8+ hours standing
- Ability to read, write, and understand English
- Ability to interact effectively and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers
- Available to work weekends and nights.
- Understanding that holidays are our busiest times and therefore vacation time may be limited during these dates.
Please Send Resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org